About Dr. Morris
Adult and Children’s Allergy Consultant with postgraduate diplomas in Allergy, Dermatology, Family Practice and Paediatrics.
Dr. Adrian Morris – MB ChB, DCH, MCFP, Dip Allergy, Dip Pract Dermatology (Cardiff)
- Member British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI)
- Member European Academy for Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology (EAACI)
- Member American College for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI)
- Member-at-Large World Allergy Organisation (WAO)
- Member and past Treasurer Allergy Society of South Africa (ALLSA)
- Editorial Board – Current Allergy and Clinical Immunology (CACI)
- Expert advisor on allergies to BBC Online
- Advisor to Boots Pharmacies on Allergies
- Advisor to UCB Institute of Allergy
- Advisor to Glaxo Smith Kline (UK)
- Book reviewer Oxford University Press
- Advisor to NHS Clinical Knowledge Summaries and NHS Choices
Publications and articles
- Author of over 50 review and research articles on allergy and clinical immunology
- Click here to view publications
- Elected one of Tatler magazine’s best 250 private doctors in Britain
- Regular contributor on local UK radio chat shows, NHS Choices and BBC website
- Invited speaker at local and international allergy conferences
- Awarded the EAACI prize for best allergy media publication 2002
- Regular contributor to Health and Allergy articles included in the Times, Independent, Guardian & Observer, Daily Telegraph, London Evening Standard and Daily Mail newspapers at well as Men’s Health, Which, the Tatler magazine and others
- Participant in a number of international clinical studies on allergy treatment including: Early Prevention of Allergy and Asthma (EPAAC) Clinical Trial.
- Current investigator Novartis 5 year trial on efficacy of Pimecrolimus.
- Contributor to the ALLSA Allergy Handbook
Favoured UK allergy charities include:
- Anaphylaxis Campaign
- Allergy UK
- British Lung Foundation
- National Eczema Society
- National Asthma Campaign
Previous appointments include:
- General Practice Cape Town, Farnham and Surrey, UK
- Clinical Assistant in Immuno-pathology, Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey.
- Honorary Consultant in Allergy Clinic, Royal Brompton Hospital, London.
- Tutor and Mentor, Urgent Treatment Centre, East Surrey Hospital.
- Member Royal College of Physicians Allergy Working Group : Primary Care Subcommittee
- Provider evidence to the United Kingdom Parliamentary Health Committee on the Provision of Allergy Services
- Travels to Cape Town and Johannesburg Allergy Clinic as visiting allergy expert
- Married with 3 adult children and a great interest in restoring classic British sports cars but struggles to play decent golf