Appointments and fees
If you suspect you have an allergy, we would be delighted to see you at the Surrey Allergy Clinic for a comprehensive allergy consultation including specific allergy skin tests.
- The average initial allergy consultation lasts 30 to 40 minutes, but please come 10 minutes early to provide your details and complete our questionnaire.
- Stop all antihistamine medication for at least 2 days before your appointment. Continue taking all other regular medication and asthma inhalers.
- We see all age groups including children who can be safely allergy tested from 4 months of age.
- You do not need a referral from your GP although we may find a referral letter and past medical details helpful.
- After the consultation, will be sent a full allergy report and management plan by post. Only with your permission, will a copy be sent to your GP.
- Your personal details are data protected and will under no circumstances be passed on to any third party without your express permission.
London Medical Centre (Harley Street) Telephone 01252 851789
- Monday morning and afternoon
- Wednesday afternoon
- Friday morning and afternoon
- Saturday morning
Guildford Nuffield Hospital (Guildford) Telephone: 01252 851789
- Tuesday morning and afternoon
- Thursday afternoon
Spire Hospital Clare Park (Farnham) Telephone: 01252 851789
- Thursday morning
What to expect from your initial consultation
- The consultation involves a comprehensive allergy, medical and personal history discussion.
- You will then have a physical examination including lung function testing.
- At the consultation you will have skin scratch tests performed from a repertoire of test allergens specific to your allergy symptoms. These tests are individualised to your specific disease and symptoms.
- The results of your allergy test will be made available during this initial consultation.
- You will be given a management plan to combat your allergy and this may involve certain avoidance measures, symptom controls as well as preventer and reliever medication or desensitisation.
- Occasionally additional blood or RAST tests may need to be performed and we then use TDL, an accredited private Pathology Laboratory to undertake these tests on your blood sample.
- You will not usually require a follow up consultation, but should there be a suboptimal response to treatment then we would recommend further physical evaluation after 4 weeks treatment.
Allergy test procedure
- We normally recommend Skin Scratch Testing or Allergen Patch Tests to the suspected culprit allergens.
- These tests are performed at the consultation and are included in the £200 fee.
- Tests involve applying a droplet of each allergen to the skin of the forearm. The skin is then scratched through the sterile allergen droplet allowing allergen to penetrate the skin.
- The skin reaction is read after 15 minutes and a positive test would be indicated by a wheal and flare reaction of approximately 3 to 10mm.
- With over 40 test allergens and mixes available, the choice of allergen is tailored to your symptoms. Approximately 10 to 20 specific allergens or mixes will tested during your consultation. These would include House Mite, Cat Dander, Dog Dander, Tree and Grass Pollens, Mould Spore as well as other allergens. Food groups tested include Dairy protein, Egg, Wheat, Oats, Barley, Rye, Corn, Rice, Soy, Fish, Nuts and others.
- We also perform a positive histamine test to ensure quality control.
- These tests are safe to perform and do not result in any systemic reaction or ill effect. It is however advisable to have another adult present to distract or entertain young children during the test procedure which is well tolerated by small children.
- If you do suspect an uncommon or rare exotic food allergen, then please bring a sample along to the consultation with you.
Initial consultation £200
- The all-inclusive fee for your initial consultation is £200.
- This includes the discussion, physical examination, lung function tests, allergy skin tests and management plan plus any e-mail follow-up or queries.
Follow-up Consultation £150
- All follow up consultations are charged at £150 and last 15 to 30 minutes.
- This fee includes any further skin allergen testing. Blood tests if necessary will be billed separately by the TDL Pathology Laboratory or County Pathology.
Payment terms: Important Please read carefully.
- We are only able to accept cash or personal cheques. Unfortunately there are no credit or debit card facilities at the clinic.
- Your consultation fee must be settled in full at the time of your consultation.
- Medical insurers such as BUPA, Pru Health, Simply Health, AXA etc. do not cover the consultation fee as Dr Morris does not hold a substantive NHS Consultant post. You will therefore need to settle your account on the day and recover the payment from your medical insurer.
- Late cancellations (less than 24 hours notice) are subject to a £60 facility charge.
For any queries regarding the allergy consultation telephone 01252 851789 or please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org